Unleash Your Inner Shark
Embark on an exhilarating journey into the world of poker, where skill, strategy, and a touch of luck converge. We’re not bluffing, our Poker Room is a good time. Bet on it.
Stay The Night
Rest and relax before or after the game in our integrated hotel and enjoy free Wi-Fi.
Grab A Bite
In addition to Water’s Edge Restaurant, the Poker Room offers an in-room dining menu.
No Worry Wait
Play a variety of Slot Machines or Table Games while you wait to get in the game.
All open and available games are posted on our Great Blue Heron Poker “X” (formerly Twitter) page. Follow along for up to date information.
The most popular and widely played poker variant in the world. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a beginner eager to learn the ropes, Texas Hold’em offers a unique blend of skill, strategy and dynamic gameplay.
Limit Poker: 5/10 & 10/20, 10% to a maximum of $10 or 20/40, 10% to a maximum of $12.
No Limit & Higher Limit Poker: 1/3 & 2/5, 10% to a maximum of $15.
If you’re looking for a thrilling poker experience that adds an extra layer of complexity and strategic depth, Omaha is the game for you. Omaha Poker follows a similar structure to Texas Hold’em but with one significant difference – players are dealt four private cards instead of two.
Omaha: 10/20 & 20/40, 10% to a maximum of $15.
Get on the List: Register for a Game
Contact the Pit
Call 905-985-4888 ext 4410 to place your name on the list up to 90 minutes in advance.
Visit in Person
Visit the Poker Pit to register as early as 11:45AM. Poker is available from noon until 4AM.
No-shows will automatically be removed from the system after 90 minutes.
A chance to outwit your opponents and turn an otherwise disappointing hand into a thrilling win.
Only available at Great Blue Heron Casino
Available at Elements Casino Brantford, Great Blue Heron Casino, Great Canadian Casino Resort Toronto, and Pickering Casino Resort.
See FAQs for details.
Poker House Rules
- English Only is to be spoken at the table while a game is in progress
- Cell phones may be used at the table
- When a player has cards, they MUST NOT use their phone
- Players may not talk on the phone at the table at any time
- Cell phones must be inaudible to others, and not cause a disturbance
- Players are prohibited from recording/capturing video, photography or audio
- Smart watches cannot be used when a player has cards
- Headphones may be used, but players are responsible for paying attention to the action
- Players may be asked to remove 1 or both headphones if they cannot follow the action
- Players that have missed 2 Big Blinds will forfeit their seat if there is a waiting list for that game
- Table changes must be done immediately – after table changing, players are considered New Players
- A player seat changing must post a Big Blind if they have moved 3 seats (“jumping over” 2 live players) away from the blinds. If they do not want to post, they can sit out and wait for the Big Blind
- No food or drinks on the table – only chips, cards, and approved card protectors
- No objects that could cause damage or marks are allowed to be used as a card protector
- Chips may not leave the gaming table, except to pay the server, purchase drinks/food or prescribed by the house. Maximum $25 may be taken from a player’s stack when going on a Meal Break
- Meal Break is 1 hour. See Inspector for details
- After leaving a table, you may not re-join that table for 1 hour with less chips than you left with
- Verbal statements are binding, including verbal statements that are out of turn
- Players may not play out of turn. When a player acts out of turn, that action is binding, unless the action to them changes
- No discussion of hands in play in multi-handed pots
- It is the player’s responsibility to protect their own hand
- Side wagers are not permitted
- Players have the right to an unobstructed view of all players chips and cards
- Playing over and Substitute players is not permitted
- Hoods are prohibited from being worn in the poker room
- Shoes must be worn at all times
- The Great Blue Heron prohibits the use of obscene or foul language. Using such language or making a foul, profane, obscene or vulgar statement, or speaking abusively or in an intimidating manner to another player or staff member will not be tolerated
- The Great Blue Heron is prohibited from allowing persons who appear to be intoxicated or who are intoxicated to gamble.
- The decision of the Pit Manager / Inspector is final
The rules of play are intended to create a fair game and to ensure that a player who makes and error is the one who suffers the consequences. In situations not covered by the rules or where a mechanical following of the rules would be clearly unfair the house has the discretion to make decisions for the purpose of ensuring a fair game.
Multi-Destination Bad Beat House Rules
To win the “Bad Beat” Jackpot, these qualifications MUST be met:
- The “Bad Beat” Jackpot applies to all cash games of Limit and No Limit Texas Hold ‘Em.
- A minimum of four (4) active players must be dealt in the hand. There cannot be any Deck irregularities.
- Pot must be $20.00 (including rake and $1 “Bad Beat” contribution) or more.
- No Players can be discussing the potential of a “Bad Beat” during the hand.
- Both the winning and losing hand must be the best possible combination of five (5) cards and BOTH of the player’s two (2) hole cards MUST play.
- Losing/winning hand MUST be Four-of-a-Kind or better beaten by Four-of-a-Kind or better. Players MUST use BOTH hole cards and MUST hold a pair for any Four-of-a- Kind.
- Players MUST be physically sitting at the table and dealt into the hand when the “Bad Beat” hand is won. If the player is not dealt in, they will not be eligible for any portion of the “Bad Beat”. Note: A player that has folded and left the table is still eligible for their portion if the “Bad Beat” is won.
- A player who mucks their hand face down, the hand will be considered dead. If a player mucks their hand face up, the hand will be considered live for the “Bad Beat” qualification.
- Use of any electronic devices is strictly prohibited during a hand and will result in disqualification for the “Bad Beat” Jackpot.
- All qualifying players will be required to show valid government-issued photo ID in order to receive a payout. Anyone identified to be ineligible to win prizes as per AGCO Standard 3.2(2) will not receive payment.
- In the event of Multiple Sites having a winning Jackpot, the time the hands are Tabled, or the River drawn (whichever is last) will determine which site wins the Main, and which site wins the Reserve.
- Under all circumstances management decision is final.