RAISE THE STAKES, RAISE THE THRILL,
Experience the thrill of poker at Elements Casino Victoria. All games in the poker room qualify for the Super Bad Beat Jackpot, and the additional Local Bad Beat Jackpot. Staffed by our friendly, and professional team, if you’re looking for action, then you’ve come to the right place.
All open and available games are posted on our Great Blue Heron Poker “X” (formerly Twitter) page. Follow along for up to date information.
Will you go all-in and seize victory, or fold and live to fight another hand?
$1/$3 No Limit Poker Game
Mondays to Wednesdays
Min $100 | Max $400
$2/$5 No Limit Poker Game
Thursdays to Sundays
Min $300 | Max $800
Sunday to Thursday: 11am to 1am
Friday & Saturday: 11am to 3am
Elements Casino Victoria
1708 Island Hwy
Get on the List at Elements Casino Victoria
Contact Guest Services
Call 250 391 0311 for more information.
Visit in Person
Visit Guest Services to register.
No-shows will automatically be removed from the system after 8 minutes.
Go for GREAT plays. Stay for GREAT fun.
Join us for exciting offers, special perks, and exclusive promotions!
Grab A Bite
Hungry? Check out our delicious menu at The Well Public House
No Worry Wait
Play our slot machines and table games while you wait to get in the game.
A chance to outwit your opponents and turn an otherwise disappointing hand into a thrilling win.
Only available at Elements Casino Victoria.
Available at River Rock Casino Resort, Great Canadian Casino Vancouver, Casino Nanaimo, and Elements Casino Victoria.
See FAQs for details
- Language, dress and behaviour should be of a standard appropriate to ladies and gentlemen.
- A player who expects to be showing down the winning hand should show it immediately.
- It is considered impolite to ask to see the hand of a player one has just beaten in pot, or to use the request as a ‘needle’. A Supervisor may suspend this privilege should they deem it appropriate.
- It is impolite to use an excessive amount of time to make a play one knows will be made.
- It is improper to fold out of turn or when not facing a bet as it may give a player an unfair advantage.
- A raise should be announced.
- A player going All-In should announce that fact
- Criticism of the way another player has elected to play their hand or their general style of play is impolite and undesirable.
- A player is entitled to quit the game anytime without suffering criticism.
- It is improper to speak any language other than English while any cards are in play.
- Players should speak up and assist the dealer by calling attention to an error in the amount of a bet or improper reading of a hand.
- Talk or demeaning to staff or players will not be tolerated. Throwing cards, name calling and other such uncivilized behaviour will be grounds for suspending or barring any player from the cardroom.
Poker House Rules
- Talk or action demeaning to staff or players will not be tolerated; throwing cards, name calling and other such uncivilized behavior will be grounds for suspending or barring any player from the cardroom.
- Management reserves the right to make a decision in the spirit of fairness, even if strict interpretation of the rules may indicate a different ruling.
- Speaking any language other than English is not permitted while any cards are in play.
- Only chips on the table or in transit (playing behind) at the start of a deal shall be in play.
- A player may not remove any chips from play until they quit the game; chips on the table may be used to pay for incidental items.
- One player per hand; no player shall give or receive advice from another player or spectator.
- Cards must be kept in full view at all times; deliberately concealing one’s cards may result in a dead hand.
- Players are responsible for protecting their own hand; a player with unprotected hand shall have no recourse should their hand become fouled.
- Cards speak; a hand is ranked according to the actual cards, not by the player’s opinion of their holdings.
- A player shall show both hole cards in order to be awarded the pot.
- It is player’s responsibility to ensure their hand has lost before discarding their cards.
- Show one, show all; any card(s) shown to one player must be shown to all players.
- 3rd man Walking – the 3rd player away from the table will be picked up, without notice, if they miss any blinds.
- Force Move/No Force Move – Please inquire which system is in use for the game of your choice.
- Verbal declarations in turn are binding; verbal declarations out of turn may be subject to penalty.
- Raises: Check – Raise is permitted in all games.
- Action out of turn will be binding if the action to that player has not changed. A check, call or fold is not considered action changing. If action changes, the out of turn bet is not binding and is returned to the out of turn player who has all options including: calling, raising, or folding. An out of turn fold is binding.
- Exposing cards to any player with a live hand or disclosing (discussing) the contents of one’s hand in an attempt to garner information (tells) or influence another playing (angling) while action remains may, at the supervisor’s discretion, be ruled a dead hand.
- Players may not talk on a phone while at the poker table. House rules apply to other forms of electronic devices and electronic communication.
- A player shall have no claim against the house for a faulty decision given in good faith, or an honest error by a dealer or Supervisor.
SUPERVISOR’S DECISION IS FINAL
The list of rules is not all inclusive. A full set of Poker Rules may be viewed, upon request, by contacting the Poker Supervisor.
Bad Beat Jackpot Rules
Super Bad Beat Jackpot at $500,000
NEW ADDITION! Local Bad Beat: Starting at $30,000
QUALIFYING HANDS FOR SUPER BEAT JACKPOT
- Quad eights (8s) must be beaten by winner of pot with four of a kind or better.
- Both hole cards must play (no Kickers). To have 4 of a kind, player must have a pocket pair in their hand
- QUALIFYING HANDS FOR LOCAL BEAT JACKPOT
- Aces full of Tens (AAATT) must be beaten by winner of pot with four of a kind or better.
- Both hole cards must play (no Kickers). To have 4 of a kind, player must have a pocket pair in their hand.
- There must be five (5) active players during the deal to qualify. Players away from the table are not considered active players.
- A player must take possession of their hand to be eligible for any part of the Bad Beat Jackpot. Only exception is if player posted an ante or blind.
- Pot size for qualifying is $20 or greater. House rake and Jackpot contribution is considered part of the pot
- Games with reduced rake will be eligible providing minimum number of players (5) and full jackpot contributions ($20) are met.
- Discussion of the hand or jackpot during the play of the hand may void payment.
- Qualifying Rules 1 through 5 and qualifying hand requirements must be met by the Top 2 ranking hands to result in a Bad Beat jackpot. If a non-qualifying hand is one of the top two or any Qualifying Rules are not met, there is no Jackpot.
- *Proper identification is required for all parties involved in Bad Beat Jackpot payout*
DIVISION OF JACKPOT MONEY
- The 2nd best hand will receive 50% of Local or Super Bad Beat Jackpot
- The best hand will receive 25% of Local or Super Bad Beat Jackpot
- The other active players dealt in the hand at that table will share the remaining 25% of Local or Super Bad Beat Jackpot
- *Jackpot money will accumulate by contributions of $1.00 from the pot @ $20.*
- Division of the jackpot drop will be as follows, based on a main amount total:
- 25% to Super Bad Beat Main Jackpot Fund, 12.5% to Super Bad Beat Backup Jackpot, 25% to Local Bad Beat Main Jackpot Fund, 12.5% to Local Bad Beat Backup Jackpot Fund, 15% promotional fund & 10% administration fee retained by the house.
- When the applicable Super Bad Beat Jackpot (SBBJ) reaches $500,000 it is capped and all the future Bad Beat contributions (less the admin fee) are added to the reserve.
- When the SBBJ is won, 75% of the reserve to a maximum of $500,000 will start the new SBBJ and the remaining 25% will become the new reserve.
- A player who triggers the Super Bad Beat Jackpot shall be paid only the top payout for which the hand is qualified and shall not also qualify for the Local Area payout.
- Jackpot Drop will be counted and updated by 11AM daily*